Title: Developing a draft Deer Management Strategy for Victoria.
Client: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR), Victoria and Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), Victoria.
Development of the Draft Deer Management Strategy for Victoria is a key action under the Sustainable Hunting Action Plan and a commitment of the Biodiversity 2037 Implementation Framework. The Strategy seeks to maintain hunting opportunities while managing the impacts of deer on environmental, agricultural, social, economic cultural assets, proving a coordinated approach to deer management in Victoria. The final Strategy was released in 2020.
- Coordinate workshops and meetings with the project’s Advisory Group
- Provide stakeholder engagement advice
- Undertake research into past and present literature on deer ecology and behaviour, origin, occurrence and distribution, species, habitats and management techniques
- Present at stakeholder engagement workshops
- Provide a draft Deer Management Strategy for Victoria.‘