Title: Improving community engagement and participation in pest management, NSW
Client: Department of Primary Industries, New South Wales.
This project formed part of a broader investigation into incentives and support for landholders that coordinate local pest animal programs to identify factors that make groups and programs successful and determine the barriers to widespread adoption and participation.
This work focussed on conducting two surveys of (i) Local Land Services (LLS) biosecurity officers and (ii) coordinators of community pest animal groups across NSW. This included:
- Identification of suitable questions
- Establishment and management of one survey via survey monkey
- Establishment of one survey via email or telephone
- Evaluation of survey responses
- Draft report outlining results and recommendations.
The draft report discussed results and recommendations on the best way to support LLS and coordinators, and to increase the effectiveness of community-led initiatives in reducing impacts of pest animals.